Updated Sep 17, 2012 - 2:38 pm
Todd Heap says knee is sprained
Heap left Sunday's the game against the New England Patriots in the third quarter after suffering an a knee injury. Luckily for Heap and the Cardinals, it does not appear to be serious.
"It is pretty sore today. Had an MRI on it this morning, they just wanted to check and make sure it wasn't anything worse," Heap told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Monday. "It is just a sprained knee."
Heap said that he hoped it wouldn't it wouldn't keep him out of the team's next game against the Philadelphia Eagles and described the injury as a "day to day type thing."
He said that he got hurt when he was hit late out of bounds and drove his knee into the ground.
"I got up and tried to walk it off," Heap said. "But we were being more precautious after that."
Heap is off to a hot start for the Cardinals in 2012, leading the team with eight catches and 94 yards receiving.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.