Updated Sep 17, 2012 - 2:38 pm
Todd Heap says knee is sprained
Heap left Sunday's the game against the New England Patriots in the third quarter after suffering an a knee injury. Luckily for Heap and the Cardinals, it does not appear to be serious.
"It is pretty sore today. Had an MRI on it this morning, they just wanted to check and make sure it wasn't anything worse," Heap told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Monday. "It is just a sprained knee."
Heap said that he hoped it wouldn't it wouldn't keep him out of the team's next game against the Philadelphia Eagles and described the injury as a "day to day type thing."
He said that he got hurt when he was hit late out of bounds and drove his knee into the ground.
"I got up and tried to walk it off," Heap said. "But we were being more precautious after that."
Heap is off to a hot start for the Cardinals in 2012, leading the team with eight catches and 94 yards receiving.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.