Updated Sep 17, 2012 - 2:38 pm
Todd Heap says knee is sprained
Heap left Sunday's the game against the New England Patriots in the third quarter after suffering an a knee injury. Luckily for Heap and the Cardinals, it does not appear to be serious.
"It is pretty sore today. Had an MRI on it this morning, they just wanted to check and make sure it wasn't anything worse," Heap told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Monday. "It is just a sprained knee."
Heap said that he hoped it wouldn't it wouldn't keep him out of the team's next game against the Philadelphia Eagles and described the injury as a "day to day type thing."
He said that he got hurt when he was hit late out of bounds and drove his knee into the ground.
"I got up and tried to walk it off," Heap said. "But we were being more precautious after that."
Heap is off to a hot start for the Cardinals in 2012, leading the team with eight catches and 94 yards receiving.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.