Updated Sep 17, 2012 - 2:38 pm
Todd Heap says knee is sprained
Heap left Sunday's the game against the New England Patriots in the third quarter after suffering an a knee injury. Luckily for Heap and the Cardinals, it does not appear to be serious.
"It is pretty sore today. Had an MRI on it this morning, they just wanted to check and make sure it wasn't anything worse," Heap told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Monday. "It is just a sprained knee."
Heap said that he hoped it wouldn't it wouldn't keep him out of the team's next game against the Philadelphia Eagles and described the injury as a "day to day type thing."
He said that he got hurt when he was hit late out of bounds and drove his knee into the ground.
"I got up and tried to walk it off," Heap said. "But we were being more precautious after that."
Heap is off to a hot start for the Cardinals in 2012, leading the team with eight catches and 94 yards receiving.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.