Todd Heap says knee is sprained
Heap left Sunday's the game against the New England Patriots in the third quarter after suffering an a knee injury. Luckily for Heap and the Cardinals, it does not appear to be serious.
"It is pretty sore today. Had an MRI on it this morning, they just wanted to check and make sure it wasn't anything worse," Heap told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Monday. "It is just a sprained knee."
Heap said that he hoped it wouldn't it wouldn't keep him out of the team's next game against the Philadelphia Eagles and described the injury as a "day to day type thing."
He said that he got hurt when he was hit late out of bounds and drove his knee into the ground.
"I got up and tried to walk it off," Heap said. "But we were being more precautious after that."
Heap is off to a hot start for the Cardinals in 2012, leading the team with eight catches and 94 yards receiving.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.