Updated May 17, 2013 - 3:35 pm
Matt Leinart ranked as one of top NFL Draft busts
Now, there may be some debate as to why he was a bust, but not that he was one.
At any rate, SI.com placed Leinart among the "Biggest NFL Draft Busts of the Modern Era." Fortunately, he's the only Cardinal on the list.
His Heisman trophy and national championship ring might as well have been glorified paperweights when Leinart stepped up to the next level. He threw more interceptions than TD passes his first season with the Cardinals then proceeded to languish on the bench before being cut in 2010.
Leinart had a promising rookie season after being selected with the No. 10 pick, but never won the favor of head coach Ken Whisenhunt, who took over prior to the former USC star's second season.
In all, Leinart appeared in 29 games with the Cardinals -- including 17 starts. He completed 57.1 percent of his passes for 3,893 yards and 14 touchdowns while being picked off 20 times.
The Cardinals went 7-10 in games he started.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?