Updated May 17, 2013 - 3:35 pm
Matt Leinart ranked as one of top NFL Draft busts
Now, there may be some debate as to why he was a bust, but not that he was one.
At any rate, SI.com placed Leinart among the "Biggest NFL Draft Busts of the Modern Era." Fortunately, he's the only Cardinal on the list.
His Heisman trophy and national championship ring might as well have been glorified paperweights when Leinart stepped up to the next level. He threw more interceptions than TD passes his first season with the Cardinals then proceeded to languish on the bench before being cut in 2010.
Leinart had a promising rookie season after being selected with the No. 10 pick, but never won the favor of head coach Ken Whisenhunt, who took over prior to the former USC star's second season.
In all, Leinart appeared in 29 games with the Cardinals -- including 17 starts. He completed 57.1 percent of his passes for 3,893 yards and 14 touchdowns while being picked off 20 times.
The Cardinals went 7-10 in games he started.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.