Updated May 17, 2013 - 3:35 pm
Matt Leinart ranked as one of top NFL Draft busts
Now, there may be some debate as to why he was a bust, but not that he was one.
At any rate, SI.com placed Leinart among the "Biggest NFL Draft Busts of the Modern Era." Fortunately, he's the only Cardinal on the list.
His Heisman trophy and national championship ring might as well have been glorified paperweights when Leinart stepped up to the next level. He threw more interceptions than TD passes his first season with the Cardinals then proceeded to languish on the bench before being cut in 2010.
Leinart had a promising rookie season after being selected with the No. 10 pick, but never won the favor of head coach Ken Whisenhunt, who took over prior to the former USC star's second season.
In all, Leinart appeared in 29 games with the Cardinals -- including 17 starts. He completed 57.1 percent of his passes for 3,893 yards and 14 touchdowns while being picked off 20 times.
The Cardinals went 7-10 in games he started.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!