Updated Dec 8, 2011 - 10:13 am
Suns agree to contract with Sebastian Telfair
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro reports the Suns have agreed to a one-year contract worth between $1.5 and $2 million with the 26-year-old former lottery pick.
Telfair was originally drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers with the 13th pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, and has also played for the Celtics, Timber Wolves, Clippers and Cavaliers in his seven NBA seasons.
With career averages of 7.8 points and 3.8 assists per game, Telfair will be asked to lead the Suns' second unit when starter Steve Nash gets a rest.
According to Gambadoro, the Suns like Telfair's on the ball defense and ability to push the ball.
And, in a completely unrelated note, Telfair is a cousin of former Sun Stephon Marbury.
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.