Updated Dec 8, 2011 - 10:13 am
Suns agree to contract with Sebastian Telfair
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro reports the Suns have agreed to a one-year contract worth between $1.5 and $2 million with the 26-year-old former lottery pick.
Telfair was originally drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers with the 13th pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, and has also played for the Celtics, Timber Wolves, Clippers and Cavaliers in his seven NBA seasons.
With career averages of 7.8 points and 3.8 assists per game, Telfair will be asked to lead the Suns' second unit when starter Steve Nash gets a rest.
According to Gambadoro, the Suns like Telfair's on the ball defense and ability to push the ball.
And, in a completely unrelated note, Telfair is a cousin of former Sun Stephon Marbury.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso