Updated Dec 8, 2011 - 10:13 am
Suns agree to contract with Sebastian Telfair
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro reports the Suns have agreed to a one-year contract worth between $1.5 and $2 million with the 26-year-old former lottery pick.
Telfair was originally drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers with the 13th pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, and has also played for the Celtics, Timber Wolves, Clippers and Cavaliers in his seven NBA seasons.
With career averages of 7.8 points and 3.8 assists per game, Telfair will be asked to lead the Suns' second unit when starter Steve Nash gets a rest.
According to Gambadoro, the Suns like Telfair's on the ball defense and ability to push the ball.
And, in a completely unrelated note, Telfair is a cousin of former Sun Stephon Marbury.
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.