Updated Dec 8, 2011 - 10:13 am
Suns agree to contract with Sebastian Telfair
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro reports the Suns have agreed to a one-year contract worth between $1.5 and $2 million with the 26-year-old former lottery pick.
Telfair was originally drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers with the 13th pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, and has also played for the Celtics, Timber Wolves, Clippers and Cavaliers in his seven NBA seasons.
With career averages of 7.8 points and 3.8 assists per game, Telfair will be asked to lead the Suns' second unit when starter Steve Nash gets a rest.
According to Gambadoro, the Suns like Telfair's on the ball defense and ability to push the ball.
And, in a completely unrelated note, Telfair is a cousin of former Sun Stephon Marbury.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.