ESPN: No trade talk for Steve Nash
Welcome to the Steve Nash no-trade train, ESPN.
While numerous Phoenix-based media organizations have been saying Nash is refusing a trade for weeks, ESPN has now jumped on the bandwagon.
J.A. Adande sat down with Nash to talk about his trade value, his desire to stay in Phoenix and the question of a title, which he may never win as a member of the Suns.
"I'm not oblivious to [the chance of] playing on a contender," Nash said. "But at the same time, especially in the position I'm in right now, I feel a sense of loyalty to my team. To go and ask for a trade, it's not like I'm going to say, ‘Trade me to...'
The desire to stay in Phoenix is a good thing for both the organization and fans. As Adanda points out, the Suns are not putting the best season together and don't look like they are going to stride confidently into the playoffs.
Nash told ESPN that he hopes the Suns can sneak into the eighth spot and make the playoffs this season.
However, there is no guarantee Nash decides to stay in Phoenix after this season, when his contract expires and $11.7 million goes off of the books for the Suns.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.