ESPN: No trade talk for Steve Nash
Welcome to the Steve Nash no-trade train, ESPN.
While numerous Phoenix-based media organizations have been saying Nash is refusing a trade for weeks, ESPN has now jumped on the bandwagon.
J.A. Adande sat down with Nash to talk about his trade value, his desire to stay in Phoenix and the question of a title, which he may never win as a member of the Suns.
"I'm not oblivious to [the chance of] playing on a contender," Nash said. "But at the same time, especially in the position I'm in right now, I feel a sense of loyalty to my team. To go and ask for a trade, it's not like I'm going to say, ‘Trade me to...'
The desire to stay in Phoenix is a good thing for both the organization and fans. As Adanda points out, the Suns are not putting the best season together and don't look like they are going to stride confidently into the playoffs.
Nash told ESPN that he hopes the Suns can sneak into the eighth spot and make the playoffs this season.
However, there is no guarantee Nash decides to stay in Phoenix after this season, when his contract expires and $11.7 million goes off of the books for the Suns.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?