ESPN: No trade talk for Steve Nash
Welcome to the Steve Nash no-trade train, ESPN.
While numerous Phoenix-based media organizations have been saying Nash is refusing a trade for weeks, ESPN has now jumped on the bandwagon.
J.A. Adande sat down with Nash to talk about his trade value, his desire to stay in Phoenix and the question of a title, which he may never win as a member of the Suns.
"I'm not oblivious to [the chance of] playing on a contender," Nash said. "But at the same time, especially in the position I'm in right now, I feel a sense of loyalty to my team. To go and ask for a trade, it's not like I'm going to say, ‘Trade me to...'
The desire to stay in Phoenix is a good thing for both the organization and fans. As Adanda points out, the Suns are not putting the best season together and don't look like they are going to stride confidently into the playoffs.
Nash told ESPN that he hopes the Suns can sneak into the eighth spot and make the playoffs this season.
However, there is no guarantee Nash decides to stay in Phoenix after this season, when his contract expires and $11.7 million goes off of the books for the Suns.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.