Updated Apr 17, 2012 - 10:40 am
Jamal Crawford has eyes for Phoenix?
They may also soon lose a player.
Guard Jamal Crawford, who is averaging nearly 14 points per game this season, apparently wouldn't mind making the Valley of the Sun his home.
At least, that's what it sounds like, according to Arizona Sports 620's Jon Bloom.
Jamal Crawford just told EJ on press row and Alvin Gentry on the sidelines that he "needs to be here in Phoenix" w/ Blazer teammates nearby— Jon Bloom (@Azbloom) April 17, 2012
While it's impossible to determine what Crawford really meant with this statement, it's worth noting that the well-traveled scorer would probably be a solid fit in Phoenix, especially if Steve Nash departs via free agency.
Then again, Crawford signed a two-year deal prior to this season -- with the second being a player option he is expected to use to get out of the deal, so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility, even if the team wanted him just to add some scoring punch off the bench.
Crawford has played on five different teams since being drafted 8th overall by Cleveland in 2000, and holds career averages of 15.3 points, 3.9 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game. However, he's not exactly the best shooter, making just .384 percent of his shots this season and just .408 for his career.
On the plus side, Crawford did go off for 22 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists in Monday's loss, so at the very least he could not have hurt his cause.
You know, if he actually does want to play for the Suns.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso