Updated Jul 11, 2012 - 6:12 pm
Suns' Dudley: Nash joining Lakers amps up rivalry
Teammates since December 2008, the Suns swingman knows how much the two-time MVP has helped him develop as a person and as a player.
However, when the Suns meet the Lakers for the first time next season, all that will go out the window.
"What he's done for the franchise, I'm not mad at that at all because he deserves that," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday of Nash leaving for Los Angeles. "But now we've got to try and kill him."
Sounds about right.
The Suns and Lakers are bitter rivals, and just because Nash is well-respected does not mean everyone wants to see L.A. do well.
"You know what it comes down to, for one, we can't stand the Lakers, you know the rivalry," he said. "Before I even got to the Suns I didn't like the Lakers."
Dudley said he grew up a Bulls fan so the rivalry was already there, but things are understandably different now.
The NBA's 2012-13 schedule has not been released yet, but you better believe the Suns will put a big circle around their first matchup with the Lakers.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.