Updated Jul 11, 2012 - 6:12 pm
Suns' Dudley: Nash joining Lakers amps up rivalry
Teammates since December 2008, the Suns swingman knows how much the two-time MVP has helped him develop as a person and as a player.
However, when the Suns meet the Lakers for the first time next season, all that will go out the window.
"What he's done for the franchise, I'm not mad at that at all because he deserves that," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday of Nash leaving for Los Angeles. "But now we've got to try and kill him."
Sounds about right.
The Suns and Lakers are bitter rivals, and just because Nash is well-respected does not mean everyone wants to see L.A. do well.
"You know what it comes down to, for one, we can't stand the Lakers, you know the rivalry," he said. "Before I even got to the Suns I didn't like the Lakers."
Dudley said he grew up a Bulls fan so the rivalry was already there, but things are understandably different now.
The NBA's 2012-13 schedule has not been released yet, but you better believe the Suns will put a big circle around their first matchup with the Lakers.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.