Updated Jul 11, 2012 - 6:12 pm
Suns' Dudley: Nash joining Lakers amps up rivalry
Teammates since December 2008, the Suns swingman knows how much the two-time MVP has helped him develop as a person and as a player.
However, when the Suns meet the Lakers for the first time next season, all that will go out the window.
"What he's done for the franchise, I'm not mad at that at all because he deserves that," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday of Nash leaving for Los Angeles. "But now we've got to try and kill him."
Sounds about right.
The Suns and Lakers are bitter rivals, and just because Nash is well-respected does not mean everyone wants to see L.A. do well.
"You know what it comes down to, for one, we can't stand the Lakers, you know the rivalry," he said. "Before I even got to the Suns I didn't like the Lakers."
Dudley said he grew up a Bulls fan so the rivalry was already there, but things are understandably different now.
The NBA's 2012-13 schedule has not been released yet, but you better believe the Suns will put a big circle around their first matchup with the Lakers.
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.