Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 10:51 pm
Suns Strokes: Balanced offensive effort keys win over Nuggets
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 110-100 win over the Denver Nuggets on November 12. Final Score: Suns 110, Nuggets 100
The Suns placed a season-high seven players in double figures, including all five starters; and committed a season-low six turnovers to end a six-game losing streak to the Nuggets. It was the Suns third straight win at US Airways Center as they have opened the season 3-1 at home for the first time since 2009-10, the team's last playoff campaign.
The Suns allowed the 20th-best shooting team in the league to make better than 50-percent of its field goals in each quarter, including 57.9% in the first quarter. Denver, which came into the game shooting 42.6%, made a season-high 53.9% of its shots.
He said it:
"It's a good win," head coach Alvin Gentry said. "We've obviously struggled with that team over the past couple of years, so to be able to get a win against them and be able to get a win at home was really important. I thought we played well, we had a lot of guys that stepped up and I thought did some good things."
• Goran Dragic, who led all scorers with 21 points, is the only Suns player to score in double figures in every game this season.
• The Suns have trailed by 10 or more in seven of eight games -- including all four games at home, this season.
The Suns (4-4) complete this mini two-game homestand with a visit from the Chicago Bulls (4-3) on Wednesday, November 14.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso