Suns Strokes: Suns comeback falls short, lose to Pacers on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 97-91 loss to the Pacers on December 28.
The Suns received a strong effort from Sebastian Telfair, who had 19 points and six assists in a starting role.
Marcin Gortat added a double-double of 15 points and 10 rebounds in the loss.
The Suns stepped it up in an energetic third quarter behind a much improved defensive effort. Phoenix held Indiana to only 6 of 21 shooting in the third.
Phoenix rallied from a 16-point deficit and briefly took the lead but ultimately couldn't complete the comeback.
With the loss, Phoenix's road record fell to an abysmal 2-12 on the season.
The Suns once again fell behind early due to sloppy play and shoddy defense in the first half. Alvin Gentry had to go to the bench eight minutes into the game because his team was in early foul trouble.
Kendall Marshall only played 7:20 and didn't record a single point.
• Phoenix was without starting point guard Goran Dragic, who was sidelined due to a lingering left hip bruise caused by a flagrant foul from J.R. Smith Wednesday.
• The Suns have now dropped four games in a row. In contrast, the Pacers have won four straight, including seven of eight.
• Jared Dudley did not tally a point under the second quarter.
The Suns will head to Minnesota to play the Timberwolves on Saturday, December 29. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.