Updated Jan 18, 2013 - 6:30 pm
Suns' Babby on Gentry decision: We were not progressing
Gentry compiled a 158-144 record over parts of five seasons as the team's head coach, and reached the Western Conference Finals in 2010.
Yet, the team missed the playoffs in each of the last two seasons, and has a conference-worst 13-28 record right now.
But wins and losses, at least on a basic level, are not why the Suns and Gentry parted ways Friday.
"You can have a feeling, you can have a time when you feel like you're not progressing," Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "That there's just a sense this has run its course and that we're out of ideas and we're out of solutions."
Babby explained that holds true for management and coaches, and added that "nobody stays in these jobs forever."
But he saw no need in giving specific details, other than to say it was more of a "feel" than a "specific thing" that led to the decision.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.