Updated Feb 20, 2013 - 6:12 am
Report: Knicks showing interest in Jermaine O'Neal, Raptors in on Sebastian Telfair
But all is not quiet on the trade front.
According to Broussard, the Suns might actually be sellers before Thursday's NBA trade deadline.
Sources: Knicks showing strong interest in Phx's Jermaine O'Neal...Phx also talking w/Toronto about moving Sebastian Telfair— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) February 20, 2013
O'Neal signed a one-year deal with Phoenix in August and has been a pleasant surprise in 2012-13. In 38 games, the 17-year veteran has averaged 7.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game off the bench.
The addition of O'Neal makes sense for a veteran-laden team like the Knicks, as does the idea of Telfair moving up north.
Earlier this month, the Raptors sent point guard Jose Calderon to the Detroit Pistons in a three-team deal that netted them Rudy Gay.
Telfair, now in his second season with the Suns, has seen his minutes drastically decrease since interim head coach Lindsey Hunter took over back in January. The eight-year pro has played in just six of the team's last 13 games.
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.