Updated Mar 16, 2013 - 7:33 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns drop fourth straight in loss to Wizards
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 127-105 loss to the Wizards on March 16.
Michael Beasley scored a team-high 21 points off the bench and Goran Dragic added 12 points and 11 assists for Phoenix.
The Suns dropped their fourth straight to the Wizards on Saturday, and their sixth of eight this month. They also surrendered the most points they've given up in a first half (66).
Phoenix's defensive woes continued against Washington. The Suns have now given up 100 or more points in six consecutive contests for the first time since the 2010-11 season.
The Suns could not contain Martell Webster, who scored a career-high 34 points and five assists in the game. He shot an impressive 7 of 10 from three-point range.
Washington shot 51.6 percent overall from the field and went 14-21 from downtown.
• With New Orleans off, the Suns now have the worst record in the Western Conference at 22-45.
• Suns' interim head coach Lindsey Hunter got his first technical foul. As a team, Phoenix had four technicals in the first half.
• Center Jermaine O'Neal made just his second start of the season for the Suns.
The Suns will host the Los Angeles Lakers at US Airways Center on Monday, March 18. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?