Updated Jun 28, 2013 - 6:02 pm
Phoenix Suns select C Alex Len with the fifth pick in the NBA Draft
Len averaged 11.9 points and 7.8 rebounds per game during his sophomore season in school. He was a member of the All-ACC Defensive Team as he led the conference with 2.1 blocked shots per game.
"We're really excited to have Alex Len with the fifth pick," Suns general manager Ryan McDonough said. "We feel like Alex is one of the top players in the draft. He's a good who just turned 20 years old, he's 7-foot-1, he's extremely skilled.
"He's had good success at the college level, but we think he's just scratching the surface of his potential as a player, and we were thrilled to get him at five."
The Ukrainian is a very raw talent that possesses a lot of potential. Len is very good defensively with an improving offensive game in the post. He also has the tools to be a prolific rebounder in the NBA.
He is expected to be out of action into the early part of the regular season due to a stress fracture in his left ankle.
Len may not make much of an impact for the Suns this season, but could be a cog in the middle of the paint for many years to come.
- McDonough: Len's Maryland teammates held him back
- Babby: Alex Len was Ryan McDonough's choice
- Alex Len 2013 NBA Draft Scouting Report
- Burns: Wanted McLemore but will give Suns a chance
- Green: Len an underwhelming pick
- Suns GM : 'When Alex was there, decision was clear'
- Alex Len anxious to get to work with Suns
- Hornacek, Suns thrilled to get Alex Len
- Len's girlfriend records video from draft room
- Alex Len 2012-2013 highlights
- Reaction to Suns' selection of Alex Len
- Suns Draft Candidate: Alex Len
- Suns select C Alex Len
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.