Updated Jun 28, 2013 - 6:02 pm
Phoenix Suns select C Alex Len with the fifth pick in the NBA Draft
Len averaged 11.9 points and 7.8 rebounds per game during his sophomore season in school. He was a member of the All-ACC Defensive Team as he led the conference with 2.1 blocked shots per game.
"We're really excited to have Alex Len with the fifth pick," Suns general manager Ryan McDonough said. "We feel like Alex is one of the top players in the draft. He's a good who just turned 20 years old, he's 7-foot-1, he's extremely skilled.
"He's had good success at the college level, but we think he's just scratching the surface of his potential as a player, and we were thrilled to get him at five."
The Ukrainian is a very raw talent that possesses a lot of potential. Len is very good defensively with an improving offensive game in the post. He also has the tools to be a prolific rebounder in the NBA.
He is expected to be out of action into the early part of the regular season due to a stress fracture in his left ankle.
Len may not make much of an impact for the Suns this season, but could be a cog in the middle of the paint for many years to come.
- McDonough: Len's Maryland teammates held him back
- Babby: Alex Len was Ryan McDonough's choice
- Alex Len 2013 NBA Draft Scouting Report
- Burns: Wanted McLemore but will give Suns a chance
- Green: Len an underwhelming pick
- Suns GM : 'When Alex was there, decision was clear'
- Alex Len anxious to get to work with Suns
- Hornacek, Suns thrilled to get Alex Len
- Len's girlfriend records video from draft room
- Alex Len 2012-2013 highlights
- Reaction to Suns' selection of Alex Len
- Suns Draft Candidate: Alex Len
- Suns select C Alex Len
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.