Updated Jul 18, 2013 - 7:40 pm
Suns remain perfect, advance to third round of 2013 Summer League Championship
For the second time in five days, the Suns took down the Portland Trail Blazers 92-84 in the second round of the 2013 Summer League Championship Thursday night.
With the win, the Suns -- who outscored the Blazers by 20 in the second quarter -- improved to 4-0 in Summer League play and advanced to the third round of the newly-formatted tournament. They'll play the Toronto Raptors Saturday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. MST inside the Thomas and Mack Center.
In Thursday's eight-point victory, Jeff Hornacek and Co. received a balanced offensive effort, as Markieff Morris and Dionte Christmas led the way with 15 points a piece.
Point guard Diante Garrett also had another impressive performance off the bench, scoring 14 points to go along with three assists.
First-round draft pick Archie Goodwin and P.J. Tucker also pitched in with 11 and 10 points respectively.
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.