Updated Jul 18, 2013 - 7:40 pm
Suns remain perfect, advance to third round of 2013 Summer League Championship
For the second time in five days, the Suns took down the Portland Trail Blazers 92-84 in the second round of the 2013 Summer League Championship Thursday night.
With the win, the Suns -- who outscored the Blazers by 20 in the second quarter -- improved to 4-0 in Summer League play and advanced to the third round of the newly-formatted tournament. They'll play the Toronto Raptors Saturday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. MST inside the Thomas and Mack Center.
In Thursday's eight-point victory, Jeff Hornacek and Co. received a balanced offensive effort, as Markieff Morris and Dionte Christmas led the way with 15 points a piece.
Point guard Diante Garrett also had another impressive performance off the bench, scoring 14 points to go along with three assists.
First-round draft pick Archie Goodwin and P.J. Tucker also pitched in with 11 and 10 points respectively.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.