Phoenix Suns sign guard Dionte Christmas
The team announced on Friday they've signed guard Dionte Christmas after an impressive summer league performance.
"We're excited to add Dionte to our roster," said Suns General Manager Ryan McDonough. "He was a key contributor for our Las Vegas Summer League team and his scoring ability, leadership and toughness will help us this season."
Christmas, who played internationally over the last four seasons after going undrafted, averaged 10.1 points, 2.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game for the Suns' summer league team, appearing in seven games off the bench.
He played his collegiate ball at Temple, where he averaged 15.7 points over 130 career games. He was named All-Atlantic 10 First Team in both 2008 and 2009. He was also chosen as the Atlantic 10 Tournament Most Outstanding Player in those same years as Temple won consecutive conference tournament titles.
This leaves the Suns with 17 players on their roster heading into training camp, which takes place September 30 through October 5 in Flagstaff. Once the season begins, NBA teams are only able to carry 13 active players for each game.
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?