Phoenix Suns sign guard Dionte Christmas
The team announced on Friday they've signed guard Dionte Christmas after an impressive summer league performance.
"We're excited to add Dionte to our roster," said Suns General Manager Ryan McDonough. "He was a key contributor for our Las Vegas Summer League team and his scoring ability, leadership and toughness will help us this season."
Christmas, who played internationally over the last four seasons after going undrafted, averaged 10.1 points, 2.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game for the Suns' summer league team, appearing in seven games off the bench.
He played his collegiate ball at Temple, where he averaged 15.7 points over 130 career games. He was named All-Atlantic 10 First Team in both 2008 and 2009. He was also chosen as the Atlantic 10 Tournament Most Outstanding Player in those same years as Temple won consecutive conference tournament titles.
This leaves the Suns with 17 players on their roster heading into training camp, which takes place September 30 through October 5 in Flagstaff. Once the season begins, NBA teams are only able to carry 13 active players for each game.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.