Phoenix Suns sign guard Dionte Christmas
The team announced on Friday they've signed guard Dionte Christmas after an impressive summer league performance.
"We're excited to add Dionte to our roster," said Suns General Manager Ryan McDonough. "He was a key contributor for our Las Vegas Summer League team and his scoring ability, leadership and toughness will help us this season."
Christmas, who played internationally over the last four seasons after going undrafted, averaged 10.1 points, 2.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game for the Suns' summer league team, appearing in seven games off the bench.
He played his collegiate ball at Temple, where he averaged 15.7 points over 130 career games. He was named All-Atlantic 10 First Team in both 2008 and 2009. He was also chosen as the Atlantic 10 Tournament Most Outstanding Player in those same years as Temple won consecutive conference tournament titles.
This leaves the Suns with 17 players on their roster heading into training camp, which takes place September 30 through October 5 in Flagstaff. Once the season begins, NBA teams are only able to carry 13 active players for each game.
- Morris twins 'better together' for Phoenix Suns
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.