By the Numbers: Suns outlast Lakers to snap skid
The Suns had lost five of their seven games since guard Eric Bledsoe was sidelined with a knee injury, and they again had to play shorthanded Tuesday.
Leandro Barbosa was out with a shoulder injury, and center Alex Len was ejected for a Flagrant 2 foul midway through the second quarter. Still, the Suns were able to beat a team that they should -- something Phoenix has typically done this year.
Here's a closer look at the Suns' high-scoring win over rival Los Angeles:
Minutes for Barbosa, who was a game-time decision after suffering a shoulder injury late in Monday's overtime loss to the New York Knicks.
Block by every Suns starter. Len added one of his own off the bench.
Ejections at the 7:33 mark of the second quarter, after Len fouled Los Angeles forward Nick Young across the face as he attempted a dunk. Young then went after Len and landed a punch on Goran Dragic -- an automatic ejection. Len was called for a Flagrant 2 foul, also an automatic ejection.
Game losing streak ended by the Suns' seven-point win over their division rival.
Consecutive wins over the Lakers for the Suns dating back to last season.
Every Suns starter was at least +6 for the game, and four were at least +10. Not a single Lakers' starter was in positive for Tuesday's game.
Fast-break points for the Lakers.
Turnovers for each team, though the Lakers had more assists (26) than the Suns (23).
Combined points between Channing Frye (20), Gerald Green (28) and Markieff Morris (24).
Combined points in the paint (64), a season high, and fast break points (36) for the Suns.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.