Updated Jan 23, 2014 - 8:59 am
Gerald Green shines as the Phoenix Suns rout the Indiana Pacers
But that certainly didn't appear to be the case Wednesday, as Phoenix routed Indiana 124-100 at U.S. Airways Center behind a monster game from Green and bounce-back outing from Plumlee.
Green scored a team-high 23 points on 6-of-13 shooting, including 3-of-5 from 3-point range and a coast-to-coast highlight dunk. Green also grabbed six rebounds and dished two assists.
But, the veteran said he had no extra motivation facing his former squad.
"This is my seventh team in all of my career, I've been down this road before," he said. "I didn't change anything up. I stayed doing the same stuff; just kept my mind focused on what I needed to do as far as being solid, being efficient.
"Tonight was a good win for us -- that's a great ball club that we just played."
Plumlee scored 11 points and grabbed seven rebounds -- an area he'd been struggling in of late.
And Scola, whom the Suns parted with in the deal, scored 5 points and pulled down 5 rebounds.
Phoenix scored 62 first-half points, the most that the Pacers -- the NBA's best defensive team -- have allowed in a half this season.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday March 7Pouring money down the drain
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?