Updated Jan 23, 2014 - 8:59 am
Gerald Green shines as the Phoenix Suns rout the Indiana Pacers
But that certainly didn't appear to be the case Wednesday, as Phoenix routed Indiana 124-100 at U.S. Airways Center behind a monster game from Green and bounce-back outing from Plumlee.
Green scored a team-high 23 points on 6-of-13 shooting, including 3-of-5 from 3-point range and a coast-to-coast highlight dunk. Green also grabbed six rebounds and dished two assists.
But, the veteran said he had no extra motivation facing his former squad.
"This is my seventh team in all of my career, I've been down this road before," he said. "I didn't change anything up. I stayed doing the same stuff; just kept my mind focused on what I needed to do as far as being solid, being efficient.
"Tonight was a good win for us -- that's a great ball club that we just played."
Plumlee scored 11 points and grabbed seven rebounds -- an area he'd been struggling in of late.
And Scola, whom the Suns parted with in the deal, scored 5 points and pulled down 5 rebounds.
Phoenix scored 62 first-half points, the most that the Pacers -- the NBA's best defensive team -- have allowed in a half this season.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso