Phoenix Suns guard Eric Bledsoe's workload increases in rehab
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou reports the fourth-year guard has increased his workload in his rehabilitation. Bledsoe was seen after practice shooting 15- to 18-foot shots around the perimeter and was able to jump slightly. He was also able to do a drill where he would backpedal to a cone before taking two dribbles forward and shooting from around the free-throw area.
"They [the team's training staff] give him a little bit more every day. So he's gradually building up," head coach Jeff Hornacek said Monday. "And now he's able to shoot the ball and go through those drills. So, he's looking good."
The first-year Suns coach stressed that there's still no target date for the return of Bledsoe, who has posted 18 points and 5.8 assists per game this season on 48.6 percent shooting. The team has gone 11-10 since he was sidelined.
Hornacek added that even when the Kentucky product makes a full return to practice, it won't mean that he's ready to hit the court in a game immediately.
"He's got to practice at least probably three to four days before we can actually put him in game -- to make sure that the knee doesn't swell up," he said. "When that is, I don't know."
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?