Phoenix Suns fare OK in ESPN's leadership rankings
But the perception appears to be changing.
ESPN did a series ranking the NBA's owners, general managers and coaches, and the Suns fared pretty well.
The rankings, which were done for owners, general managers and coaches were determined by asking the voters to rate each based on how they've done guiding the team to on-court success, both in the short and long term.
Their lowest ranking came at owner, where Robert Sarver and his group are 23rd.
However, the duo of Ryan McDonough and Lon Babby ranked 11th in the executive rankings.
And head coach Jeff Hornacek, who has done an excellent job in his first year at the helm, posted the highest Suns ranking at seventh.
In fact, of the six coaches placed ahead of Hornacek, just two (Indiana's Frank Vogel and Chicago's Tom Thibodeau) have yet to win an NBA championship.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.