Updated May 20, 2014 - 1:52 pm
Suns' playoff hopes down to one scenario
With that said, following back-to-back crushing losses to the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks, the road to their first postseason appearance since 2009-10 will not be an easy one.
Not only does Phoenix need to win both of its remaining two games, but it also needs help from an unlikely ally.
Below is the only scenario that would push the Suns into the playoffs past the Memphis Grizzlies for the final spot in the Western Conference.
Phoenix's only hope:
Win both of their final two games against the Grizzlies on Monday and the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday.
Lose both of their remaining games, at the Suns on Monday and at home against Dallas on Wednesday.
Unfortunately, Memphis isn't likely to hold up its end of the bargain. Even if the Suns top the Grizzlies on Monday, the Mavericks would have nothing to play for against Memphis on Wednesday, already having the seventh seed clinched by virtue of a tiebreaker.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.