Updated May 20, 2014 - 1:52 pm
Suns' playoff hopes down to one scenario
With that said, following back-to-back crushing losses to the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks, the road to their first postseason appearance since 2009-10 will not be an easy one.
Not only does Phoenix need to win both of its remaining two games, but it also needs help from an unlikely ally.
Below is the only scenario that would push the Suns into the playoffs past the Memphis Grizzlies for the final spot in the Western Conference.
Phoenix's only hope:
Win both of their final two games against the Grizzlies on Monday and the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday.
Lose both of their remaining games, at the Suns on Monday and at home against Dallas on Wednesday.
Unfortunately, Memphis isn't likely to hold up its end of the bargain. Even if the Suns top the Grizzlies on Monday, the Mavericks would have nothing to play for against Memphis on Wednesday, already having the seventh seed clinched by virtue of a tiebreaker.
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.