Updated Jul 8, 2014 - 10:25 pm
Report: LeBron James narrows final choices down to Cavaliers and Heat, Suns on the outside
According to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski, four-time MVP LeBron James has narrowed his list of possible destinations down to two teams.
Unfortunately for the Phoenix Suns, James didn't include them among his finalists.
Wojnarowski, speaking during an appearance on FOX Sports Live, reported that the two-time champion will decide between his current team, the Miami Heat, and his former team, the Cleveland Cavaliers.
James' agent, Rich Paul, reportedly met with Suns owner Robert Sarver last week, but it appears as though there will be no sit down between his client and the front office.
There's no word yet as to whether or not Paul, who also represents Suns restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe, has formally reached out to Phoenix regarding James' decision.
The former No. 1 overall pick spent his first seven seasons in the NBA with Cleveland, leading his hometown team to one Finals appearance.
After bolting for Miami in the Summer 2010, James has won two titles, claimed three MVP awards and made four trips to the NBA Finals.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.