Updated Sep 20, 2013 - 8:29 am
Los Angeles Dodgers celebrate division title by diving into Arizona Diamondbacks' pool
Thursday, the Los Angeles Dodgers celebrated their 2013 NL West title by taking a swim in the Chase Field pool.
"I think it's tired and disrespectful," D-backs infielder Willie Bloomquist said of the dip in the pool. "It's surprising because they have a lot of veteran guys on that team that I thought were classier than that."
Bloomquist, though, made sure to give credit to the Dodgers for winning the division. But that does not mean he's happy about how they've decided to celebrate.
"But there's a fine line between going overboard at someone else's place and doing that, I think," he added. "But what are we going to do about it? There's not much we can do about it now. They've clinched the division this year, but if that's how they're going to act and be classless, that's their gig, that's their clubhouse. I just think it's disrespectful and classless."
However, the guess here is that's not of much concern to the Dodgers. The teams have been bitter rivals for the better part of the last three seasons, with a brawl breaking out between the two earlier this season when some beanballs were thrown.
So, whether this is a classless move or not, it appears the rivalry is about to get even more heated.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.