Updated Sep 20, 2013 - 8:29 am
Los Angeles Dodgers celebrate division title by diving into Arizona Diamondbacks' pool
Thursday, the Los Angeles Dodgers celebrated their 2013 NL West title by taking a swim in the Chase Field pool.
"I think it's tired and disrespectful," D-backs infielder Willie Bloomquist said of the dip in the pool. "It's surprising because they have a lot of veteran guys on that team that I thought were classier than that."
Bloomquist, though, made sure to give credit to the Dodgers for winning the division. But that does not mean he's happy about how they've decided to celebrate.
"But there's a fine line between going overboard at someone else's place and doing that, I think," he added. "But what are we going to do about it? There's not much we can do about it now. They've clinched the division this year, but if that's how they're going to act and be classless, that's their gig, that's their clubhouse. I just think it's disrespectful and classless."
However, the guess here is that's not of much concern to the Dodgers. The teams have been bitter rivals for the better part of the last three seasons, with a brawl breaking out between the two earlier this season when some beanballs were thrown.
So, whether this is a classless move or not, it appears the rivalry is about to get even more heated.
- D-backs' GM Kevin Towers: If improvement doesn't happen, 'heads are gonna roll'
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?