Updated May 21, 2012 - 6:07 pm
Phoenix Coyotes' quest for the cup is 'not dead yet'
"We're not dead yet," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "I feel like the guy from Monty Python's, we're not dead yet. We're going to hang in there."
But, funny as that is, is not really the point the Coyotes captain is trying to make.
No, what Doan is trying to tell everyone is that while they are down 3-1, the series isn't over until one of the teams involved gets to four.
Because a win Tuesday means the Kings are just one more loss away from facing a Game 7 in a hostile arena, and if this series reaches a seventh game, anything can happen.
Which is why, not surprisingly, Doan is hoping Coyotes fans are out in force at Jobing.com Arena Tuesday night when the puck drops at 6:00 p.m.
"We're OK, we're going to find a way, and we'd love for them to be out there," he said. "Every athlete has an ego, and we want to play in front of a full house, and a loud crowd.
And it's not over, yet.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!