Updated May 21, 2012 - 6:07 pm
Phoenix Coyotes' quest for the cup is 'not dead yet'
"We're not dead yet," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "I feel like the guy from Monty Python's, we're not dead yet. We're going to hang in there."
But, funny as that is, is not really the point the Coyotes captain is trying to make.
No, what Doan is trying to tell everyone is that while they are down 3-1, the series isn't over until one of the teams involved gets to four.
Because a win Tuesday means the Kings are just one more loss away from facing a Game 7 in a hostile arena, and if this series reaches a seventh game, anything can happen.
Which is why, not surprisingly, Doan is hoping Coyotes fans are out in force at Jobing.com Arena Tuesday night when the puck drops at 6:00 p.m.
"We're OK, we're going to find a way, and we'd love for them to be out there," he said. "Every athlete has an ego, and we want to play in front of a full house, and a loud crowd.
And it's not over, yet.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.