Updated May 21, 2012 - 6:07 pm
Phoenix Coyotes' quest for the cup is 'not dead yet'
"We're not dead yet," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "I feel like the guy from Monty Python's, we're not dead yet. We're going to hang in there."
But, funny as that is, is not really the point the Coyotes captain is trying to make.
No, what Doan is trying to tell everyone is that while they are down 3-1, the series isn't over until one of the teams involved gets to four.
Because a win Tuesday means the Kings are just one more loss away from facing a Game 7 in a hostile arena, and if this series reaches a seventh game, anything can happen.
Which is why, not surprisingly, Doan is hoping Coyotes fans are out in force at Jobing.com Arena Tuesday night when the puck drops at 6:00 p.m.
"We're OK, we're going to find a way, and we'd love for them to be out there," he said. "Every athlete has an ego, and we want to play in front of a full house, and a loud crowd.
And it's not over, yet.
- Coyotes on right financial track with new owners
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?