Updated Jan 12, 2013 - 2:18 pm
Report: Coyotes to offer upcoming deals for loyal fans
"I think just a humble apology for everything and that we're going to do everything we can to earn back their appreciation of the sport," Doan said "There's no use in saying whose fault it is or who did what, we all owe them an apology."
It seems Doan's organization was listening.
The league is set to drop the puck officially on January 19, but the Phoenix Coyotes are planning something special for fans during their one-week training camp.
According to Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal, the organization plans to allow fans an opportunity to watch the reigning Pacific Division champions in a free inter-squad game.
But that's not all.
Coyotes president and COO Mike Nealy told Sannucks that once the 48-game schedule is announced, the team will determine specific dates to offer fan appreciation deals.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.