Updated Jan 31, 2013 - 9:04 am
Coyotes dealing with latest ownership twist
A report surfaced that former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison and his investment group didn't have the capital to close a $308 million arena deal with the city of Glendale by the Thursday 11:59 p.m. deadline.
The sad reality of the latest prospective ownership news has been taken in stride by the players and coaches, who suffered a 2-1 overtime loss to the Edmonton Oilers Wednesday night at Jobing.com Arena. Quite frankly, they're used to it.
"No, it's status quo for us," head coach Dave Tippett said following the loss. "I think this is not a surprise to anybody around here. It is what it is, and we'll deal with it like we've dealt with it for the the last three years...the last three-and-a-half years."
The NHL bought the Coyotes in 2009 after Jerry Moyes entered the team into Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Despite the lack of an owner, the Coyotes have been a playoff team for the last three seasons and advanced to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history last year.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Coyotes poised to hit the reset button after losing identity
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.