Report: Phoenix Coyotes ready to host outdoor game
People have said for years that hockey wouldn't work in the desert, but behind new ownership, the Phoenix Coyotes are making an impact this season both in the National Hockey League and the Valley.
But the owners are reportedly not stopping at new advertising. They want an outdoor game.
Daly: Phoenix Coyotes told him they're prepared to host an outdoor game— Hockey Central (@SNHockeyCentral) December 9, 2013
The outdoor game would be part of the NHL's Stadium Series, something he also said the league plans to continue on an annual basis but possibly with fewer games.
Daly did not speculate on a venue for the game.
The NHL has recently begun experimenting with outdoor games in warmer climates. The Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Kings will play an outdoor game at Dodger Stadium on Jan. 25.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?