Phoenix Coyotes' shutout win over Calgary Flames: By the numbers
It was Phoenix's first shutout of the season, so by extension it was the first shutout posted this year by either Mike Smith or Thomas Greiss. The latter goaltender got the nod in this game and stopped all 27 shots that came his way.
Three players recorded two assists Tuesday: Radim Vrbata, Lauri Korpikoski and Mike Ribeiro. Korpikowski was the only one to get a goal with his two assists. Four additional Coyotes recorded two points in the contest.
The Coyotes' six goals tied their season high, which they've done three other times -- all wins.
Phoenix got all three of its goals in the second period on just 14 attempts at the net.
Rob Klinkhammer's rebound goal on a power play in the near the end of the contest snapped a streak of 15 straight times the Coyotes were unable to score with a man advantage.
Mikkel Boedker scored on a wrist shot past Reto Berra for his 29th point of the season, a new career high for the sixth-year wing.
The Coyotes now have 51 points in the standings, and are gaining ground in the Pacific Division on Vancouver, which has 55 but is on a five-game losing streak. Minnesota also has 51 points and is knocking on the door in the Wild Card hunt.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Coyotes poised to hit the reset button after losing identity
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.