Updated Jan 14, 2014 - 10:48 pm
Phoenix Coyotes loss to St. Louis Blues: By The Numbers
The Blues' T.J. Oshie outscored Phoenix, himself, scoring in both the first and second periods while goaltender Jaroslav Havlak had 20 saves.
Here's a closer look at the defeat, by the numbers:
The Coyotes have a win percentage of just .286 when trailing after the first period, as they did Tuesday in St. Louis.
Mikkel Boedker assisted the only goal of the game Tuesday, which was good for his No. 18 on the season -- one shy of a career high, set last year. His 32 points this season, meanwhile, are the highest of his career.
The Coyotes scored just two goals on their two-game road trip to Winnipeg and St. Louis. Both came off the stick of Ekman-Larsson.
The Coyotes have won just three of their last 11 games.
Phoenix's current losing streak is at four games, with losses to the Winnipeg Jets, Anaheim Ducks and Minnesota Wild preceding Tuesday's defeat.
Despite tallying 10 shots in the second period, the Blues managed just eight shots on goal between the first and third periods, getting just two on Mike Smith in the third period.
The Blues blocked 17 shots Tuesday against the Coyotes. The Coyotes managed eight.
Prior to Ekman-Larsson's power play goal in the second period of Tuesday's contest, the Blues had successfully killed their previous 21 power plays.
Blues goalie Havlak saved all but one of the Coyotes' 21 shots on goal, good for a .952 save percentage.
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?