Updated Jan 14, 2014 - 10:48 pm
Phoenix Coyotes loss to St. Louis Blues: By The Numbers
The Blues' T.J. Oshie outscored Phoenix, himself, scoring in both the first and second periods while goaltender Jaroslav Havlak had 20 saves.
Here's a closer look at the defeat, by the numbers:
The Coyotes have a win percentage of just .286 when trailing after the first period, as they did Tuesday in St. Louis.
Mikkel Boedker assisted the only goal of the game Tuesday, which was good for his No. 18 on the season -- one shy of a career high, set last year. His 32 points this season, meanwhile, are the highest of his career.
The Coyotes scored just two goals on their two-game road trip to Winnipeg and St. Louis. Both came off the stick of Ekman-Larsson.
The Coyotes have won just three of their last 11 games.
Phoenix's current losing streak is at four games, with losses to the Winnipeg Jets, Anaheim Ducks and Minnesota Wild preceding Tuesday's defeat.
Despite tallying 10 shots in the second period, the Blues managed just eight shots on goal between the first and third periods, getting just two on Mike Smith in the third period.
The Blues blocked 17 shots Tuesday against the Coyotes. The Coyotes managed eight.
Prior to Ekman-Larsson's power play goal in the second period of Tuesday's contest, the Blues had successfully killed their previous 21 power plays.
Blues goalie Havlak saved all but one of the Coyotes' 21 shots on goal, good for a .952 save percentage.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.