Updated Feb 17, 2014 - 9:47 am
Coyotes minor league affiliate involved in wild brawl
Well, kind of.
On Sunday, the Portland Pirates -- a Phoenix Coyotes AHL affiliate -- found themselves in a heck of a brawl against the Adirondack Phantoms with just 21 seconds to play in regulation.
Both lines and both goalies jumped into the fracas, which was the substance of the 299 penalty minutes in the game.
Perhaps the focal point of the brawl was Coyotes prospect Connor Murphy, who himself didn't throw any punches but was painstakingly sprayed with a number of blows from Philadelphia Flyers prospect Tye McGinn. Coyotes defenseman Rostislav Klesla was also involved in the riot.
Ten fighting majors were ultimately issued.
"There is a yard sale of equipment to clean up," Jeff Mannix, Pirates radio play-by-play man, summed up the brouhaha.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.