Ice Bites: Grading Phoenix Coyotes trade for Martin Erat
The National Hockey League trade window has come to a close and, after all the dust settled, the Phoenix Coyotes were up a winger, a pick and a prospect and down three prospects and a veteran defenseman.
After it was all said and done, every hockey pundit took to the Internet to grade the trades, so why would I do anything different? Except I give the trade for former Washington Capitals winger Martin Erat and the trade window two different scores.
The trade for Erat was good, not great. Most importantly, it improved a bad situation. I can change my grade at any time (hooray for instant editing!), but until he starts putting up some points, I have my reservations.
Also, was I the only one shocked the Coyotes didn't make another move? It turns out they had a reason -- a good one -- for not spending.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.