June Jones' agent calls ASU experience 'bizarre'
Leigh Steinberg, who represents the SMU coach, wrote the following in a brief blog post:
Just had one of the most bizarre endings to a set of productive discussions to bring a client to a new situation. Everything was set,few tweaks left,and the principal decision maker yanks the deal w no real explanation.
This came out about 90 minutes after news broke that Arizona State had pulled their offer to the coach when it been reported by several sources that the deal was nearly done.
Later on, Steinberg posted again, obviously frustrated with what was being said about his client in the aftermath of the ASU situation crumbling:
June Jones character is impeccable and unimpeachable,has done charitable&community,active&spiritual Christian faith.For any institution to try and scorch the earth by impugning man of honor is despicable—cowardly leaks.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works