Updated Dec 7, 2011 - 5:59 pm
June Jones' agent calls ASU experience 'bizarre'
Leigh Steinberg, who represents the SMU coach, wrote the following in a brief blog post:
Just had one of the most bizarre endings to a set of productive discussions to bring a client to a new situation. Everything was set,few tweaks left,and the principal decision maker yanks the deal w no real explanation.
This came out about 90 minutes after news broke that Arizona State had pulled their offer to the coach when it been reported by several sources that the deal was nearly done.
Later on, Steinberg posted again, obviously frustrated with what was being said about his client in the aftermath of the ASU situation crumbling:
June Jones character is impeccable and unimpeachable,has done charitable&community,active&spiritual Christian faith.For any institution to try and scorch the earth by impugning man of honor is despicable—cowardly leaks.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.