Updated Dec 7, 2011 - 5:59 pm
June Jones' agent calls ASU experience 'bizarre'
Leigh Steinberg, who represents the SMU coach, wrote the following in a brief blog post:
Just had one of the most bizarre endings to a set of productive discussions to bring a client to a new situation. Everything was set,few tweaks left,and the principal decision maker yanks the deal w no real explanation.
This came out about 90 minutes after news broke that Arizona State had pulled their offer to the coach when it been reported by several sources that the deal was nearly done.
Later on, Steinberg posted again, obviously frustrated with what was being said about his client in the aftermath of the ASU situation crumbling:
June Jones character is impeccable and unimpeachable,has done charitable&community,active&spiritual Christian faith.For any institution to try and scorch the earth by impugning man of honor is despicable—cowardly leaks.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.