Updated Mar 30, 2012 - 2:51 pm
ASU's Brock Osweiler pleased with pro day
All 32 NFL teams were expected to be in attendance, including the Arizona Cardinals, who were represented by quarterbacks coach John McNulty and scout Josh Scobey. Former ASU offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone, who now holds the same post at UCLA, ran the workout, and both current Sun Devil head coach Todd Graham and the man he replaced, Dennis Erickson, were in attendance.
Osweiler told reporters he ran a "low 4.9" 40-yard dash and proclaimed that he's fully recovered from the left foot injury he suffered in a loss to Boise State in the Maaco Bowl Las Vegas in December.
"I thought it was a good day," Osweiler said. "We had a lot of fun, the wide receivers did a tremendous job of running really good routes, they were all fast today and it was a lot of fun."
Osweiler threw to former ASU receivers Aaron Pflugrad, Gerell Robinson, T.J. Simpson and Mike Willie, and according to ASUDevils.com, he completed 66-of-75 passes on the day, and that total includes several drops.
One of the things that has worked against Osweiler in the eyes of some scouts is his delivery, which featured a low release point, especially for a player of his height. Osweiler addressed that issue during his workout.
"It's more over-the-top now," Osweiler said of his new motion. "I was kind of always dragging my elbow when I was playing here at ASU, and we really wanted to utilize my full 6-7 frame, or whatever it is, and make sure the arm and delivery is over-the-top."
The next phase for Osweiler will include private workouts for several NFL franchises.
"I'm meeting with the Chiefs and the Broncos next week and I'm taking trips to Miami and Buffalo and a few other places," he said.
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition