Updated Mar 30, 2012 - 2:51 pm
ASU's Brock Osweiler pleased with pro day
All 32 NFL teams were expected to be in attendance, including the Arizona Cardinals, who were represented by quarterbacks coach John McNulty and scout Josh Scobey. Former ASU offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone, who now holds the same post at UCLA, ran the workout, and both current Sun Devil head coach Todd Graham and the man he replaced, Dennis Erickson, were in attendance.
Osweiler told reporters he ran a "low 4.9" 40-yard dash and proclaimed that he's fully recovered from the left foot injury he suffered in a loss to Boise State in the Maaco Bowl Las Vegas in December.
"I thought it was a good day," Osweiler said. "We had a lot of fun, the wide receivers did a tremendous job of running really good routes, they were all fast today and it was a lot of fun."
Osweiler threw to former ASU receivers Aaron Pflugrad, Gerell Robinson, T.J. Simpson and Mike Willie, and according to ASUDevils.com, he completed 66-of-75 passes on the day, and that total includes several drops.
One of the things that has worked against Osweiler in the eyes of some scouts is his delivery, which featured a low release point, especially for a player of his height. Osweiler addressed that issue during his workout.
"It's more over-the-top now," Osweiler said of his new motion. "I was kind of always dragging my elbow when I was playing here at ASU, and we really wanted to utilize my full 6-7 frame, or whatever it is, and make sure the arm and delivery is over-the-top."
The next phase for Osweiler will include private workouts for several NFL franchises.
"I'm meeting with the Chiefs and the Broncos next week and I'm taking trips to Miami and Buffalo and a few other places," he said.
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was