Updated Mar 30, 2012 - 2:51 pm
ASU's Brock Osweiler pleased with pro day
All 32 NFL teams were expected to be in attendance, including the Arizona Cardinals, who were represented by quarterbacks coach John McNulty and scout Josh Scobey. Former ASU offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone, who now holds the same post at UCLA, ran the workout, and both current Sun Devil head coach Todd Graham and the man he replaced, Dennis Erickson, were in attendance.
Osweiler told reporters he ran a "low 4.9" 40-yard dash and proclaimed that he's fully recovered from the left foot injury he suffered in a loss to Boise State in the Maaco Bowl Las Vegas in December.
"I thought it was a good day," Osweiler said. "We had a lot of fun, the wide receivers did a tremendous job of running really good routes, they were all fast today and it was a lot of fun."
Osweiler threw to former ASU receivers Aaron Pflugrad, Gerell Robinson, T.J. Simpson and Mike Willie, and according to ASUDevils.com, he completed 66-of-75 passes on the day, and that total includes several drops.
One of the things that has worked against Osweiler in the eyes of some scouts is his delivery, which featured a low release point, especially for a player of his height. Osweiler addressed that issue during his workout.
"It's more over-the-top now," Osweiler said of his new motion. "I was kind of always dragging my elbow when I was playing here at ASU, and we really wanted to utilize my full 6-7 frame, or whatever it is, and make sure the arm and delivery is over-the-top."
The next phase for Osweiler will include private workouts for several NFL franchises.
"I'm meeting with the Chiefs and the Broncos next week and I'm taking trips to Miami and Buffalo and a few other places," he said.
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.