ASU's Newest Tradition: The Devil Walk
"We want to create that for our fans and also for our players and develop some tradition," Graham said during an interview Monday with Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 620.
Taking place 2 hours and 15 minutes prior to every game, the Devil Walk will be consist of all of the players walking through Well Fargo Arena and interacting with fans as they make their way to Sun Devil Stadium.
"Our whole deal is to show our appreciation to our students and our fans, and really develop future Sun Devils," Graham said. "Each one of our players is going to have an autographed football that they are going to throw out to a youngster."
Over the past few years, the players have simply walked to the stadium next to the student section line outside. However, this year's event will give fans a chance to beat the heat.
"I like being in the Wells Fargo Arena, obviously it's going to be cool in there," Graham said. "It will be a lot of fun. I invite everyone to come out."
Also unlike recent years, the players will have a dress code when walking to the stadium.
All players and coaches will be wearing matching black blazers with a fork on the pocket.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works