Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 5:56 pm
ASU, UA shut out at the 2013 NFL Draft
Neither Arizona nor Arizona State had a prospect selected by an NFL team from Thursday-Saturday.
The Sun Devils (linebacker Brandon Magee, safety Keelan Johnson and punter Josh Hubner) and the Wildcats (quarterback Matt Scott and wide receiver Dan Buckner) were the only two Pac-12 programs not to be represented in the draft.
According to Arizona Republic columnist Paola Boivin, it's the first time since 1963 that neither Arizona school had a player taken.
Arizona high schools, however, were represented fairly well.
Chandler High's Dion Jordan (No. 3 overall by the Miami Dolphins) became the highest-drafted player to ever come out of the state. Jordan's high school teammate, Marcus Wheaton, was also taken in third round (No. 79 overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers).
Notre Dame Prep alum Sean Renfree was selected in the seventh round (No. 249 overall by the Atlanta Falcons), as well.
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.