Updated Mar 15, 2012 - 3:23 pm
Sendek working through tournament, preparing for next year
Sendek told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo that he's already been on the road recruiting this week and started working out some problems as a coach.
"I love this time of season because it gives me the opportunity to canvas my profession and get better, to learn, to pick up new ideas, to stretch myself, and then apply that as it best relates to our team for next year," Sendek said. "So, I'll always really enjoy that process as well. And then most importantly, we'll continue to attend to our guys, have a strong finish academically and use that as a springboard into the offseason."
Sendek and his staff have their work cut out for them as the Sun Devils ended their season 10-21 and suffered an 85-65 loss to Stanford in the first round of the Pac-12 men's tournament.
The Sun Devils also struggled with personnel problems throughout the season, having to suspend several players and dismiss leading scorer Keala King for "unacceptable conduct."
Sendek hopes to leave all the problems behind and focus on playing this time next year.
"We would love to be a part of March Madness next season. We're really excited about the future of our program," Sendek said. "It's going to take certainly a tremendous amount of hard work and some good fortune along the way. But things change quickly."
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!