Updated Mar 15, 2012 - 3:23 pm
Sendek working through tournament, preparing for next year
Sendek told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo that he's already been on the road recruiting this week and started working out some problems as a coach.
"I love this time of season because it gives me the opportunity to canvas my profession and get better, to learn, to pick up new ideas, to stretch myself, and then apply that as it best relates to our team for next year," Sendek said. "So, I'll always really enjoy that process as well. And then most importantly, we'll continue to attend to our guys, have a strong finish academically and use that as a springboard into the offseason."
Sendek and his staff have their work cut out for them as the Sun Devils ended their season 10-21 and suffered an 85-65 loss to Stanford in the first round of the Pac-12 men's tournament.
The Sun Devils also struggled with personnel problems throughout the season, having to suspend several players and dismiss leading scorer Keala King for "unacceptable conduct."
Sendek hopes to leave all the problems behind and focus on playing this time next year.
"We would love to be a part of March Madness next season. We're really excited about the future of our program," Sendek said. "It's going to take certainly a tremendous amount of hard work and some good fortune along the way. But things change quickly."
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.