Devin Booker on Troy Daniels after scuffle: ‘Been on 5 teams in 3 years’
Devin Booker had a few words for Memphis guard Troy Daniels.
With 1:10 left in the Suns’ 110-91 loss to the Grizzlies, a shoving match broke out when Booker was chirping back and forth with Daniels.
Point guard Tyler Ulis appeared to take exception, and some physicality ensued.
“It’s just basketball, man,” Booker said after the game. “Talk trash sometimes. I don’t know why he’d be talking to me — been on five teams in three years and he has the nerve to talk trash to me, but it is what it is.”
Daniels has actually only been on four teams in four seasons, but still — Booker made sure to get his point across.
Marquese Chriss and Ulis were both ejected following a significant delay and video review. It didn’t change much in the game, seeing that Memphis had a convincing lead and the Suns were shooting a season-worst 33 percent with a minute to go.
“He’s on a winning team, so you have those muscles when you’re on a winning team — a really good team — so it is what it is,” Booker added. “We’ll see them again.”
- Despite Phoenix owning No. 1 pick, Lakers overshadow Suns (again)
- Report: Former Pelicans assistant, ASU guard McMillan joining Suns’ staff
- Arizona Sports 2018 NBA Mock Draft Tracker
- Phoenix Suns hosting viewing party for 2018 NBA Draft
- Empire of the Suns NBA Mock Draft: Final predictions for draft week