Arizona Diamondbacks fans with a sweet tooth now have another option, as the team revealed its newest culinary creation Wednesday in the Churro Dog 2.0.
The new dessert features a churro rolled in Oreo cookie crumbs in the middle of a white, iced long john donut topped with three scoops of vanilla yogurt, strawberry topping, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and more Oreo crumbs. It will be found at designated dessert portables at Chase Field.
The initial version of the sweet is topped with caramel rather than strawberry and lacks the Oreo crumbs. The donut is also covered in chocolate glaze, instead of white icing.
The unveiling of the sequel to the popular treat comes just two days after the reveal of the club’s bacon-wrapped pretzel baguette.
Fans of the original Churro Dog can still get it at D-backs games as well as Thursday’s Arizona Coyotes’ Diamondbacks Night, where outfielder A.J. Pollock will be dropping the puck, and Luis Gonzalez will serve as the Coyotes’ Top Dog.
- Leaving NY, Coyotes’ Derek Stepan faces more than a change in scenery
- Diamondbacks role players are stepping up big this year
- Sedona Red Recap: D-backs find Phillies lack of faith disturbing
- Star Wars Night at D-backs game brings out some characters
- Diamondbacks recall Bracho after optioning Hazelbaker