Coyotes forward Anthony Duclair didn’t see the proposal coming.
Issued in the form of a prepared letter and hand delivered by the writer, Gracie, Duclair read the brief note from his young fan.
“I love you. Are you happy to be back? Will you marry me?” the note said.
— Jenny Hernandez (@hernandezcoups) March 16, 2017
Duclair’s answer pleased Gracie, who calls Duclair her favorite player.
“Yes and yes,” the Coyote told her.
Props to Gracie, who just invented the most direct way to ask for someone’s hand in marriage. Judging from Duclair’s response after his first engagement, he is stoked.
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity