Steve Nash hugging Kevin Durant after Dubs win will give you all the feels
Kevin Durant and Steve Nash with a pretty significant embrace pic.twitter.com/DeHRgq87Hk
— Drew Shiller (@DrewShiller) June 13, 2017
A behind-the-scenes shot of Kevin Durant walking the halls of Oracle Arena following the Warriors’ title win over the Cavaliers Monday might have caught the eye of Phoenix Suns fans.
The newly-minted NBA Finals MVP stopped for a long embrace with former Suns point guard Steve Nash.
Nash, of course, arguably only fell a Joe Johnson facial fracture and a Ron Artest putback prayer short of advancing to the championship series himself with Phoenix.
As of last season, he joined his former general manager, Steve Kerr, on the Golden State staff as a player development consultant.
And while serving out championship rings like hot cakes tends to happen when a team wins a title, it didn’t go overlooked that — as detached as a player development consultant might be — the two-time MVP certainly deserves some bling.
Even if it’s not for his work with the Suns.
- Suns owner Robert Sarver: I am 100 percent committed to Phoenix
- Two Arizona sports venues rank well in ESPN cleanliness study
- Suns shouldn’t panic over PG now, says former NBA exec Marks
- Suns say priority is staying ‘long-term’ as arena vote is pushed back
- After big night vs. Clippers, Suns’ offense stalls out against Spurs