Phoenix Suns power forward Marquese Chriss exited the team’s Summer League game against the Memphis Grizzlies Thursday with a left ankle injury.
According to a report from NBATV’s Kristen Ledlow, Chriss was putting limited weight on his left foot.
Less than 10 games into his rookie season, Chriss was named the starting power forward against the Portland Trail Blazers on Nov. 8. In 20.3 minutes per game, the No. 8 overall pick in 2016 averaged 9.2 points and 4.2 rebounds a game and made the NBA’s All-Rookie Second Team.
Chriss joined Dragan Bender and Derrick Jones Jr. as players from last season’s roster to play for the team in the 2017 Summer League in Las Vegas.
The team finished 1-2 in their three games before tournament play began. They defeated the Utah Jazz 97-81 Wednesday, moving onto the single elimination bracket against Memphis.
- ESPN’s Pelton: Suns ‘might be best option’ for potential Kyrie Irving trade
- ESPN’s Pelton: Suns adding Jones may open door for future LeBron meeting
- Devin Booker reacts to his overall rating on NBA 2K18
- Suns rookie Josh Jackson draws high praise from a league scout
- Retired James Jones joins Suns prepped for VP of basketball ops job