Report: Suns to sign Iowa product Peter Jok for training camp
The Phoenix Suns will invite Iowa guard Peter Jok to training camp on a partially-guaranteed deal, Jok confirmed to the Des Moines Register.
Jok will officially sign the contract next week when he arrives in Phoenix.
“I feel like it’s a great opportunity for myself because it puts me in a position to earn a spot on the team,” Jok told the Register via text message Tuesday. “And if I don’t, then I’ll be playing for their G League team to work on my game, which I see as a positive.”
The 6-foot-6, 205-pound undrafted rookie spent four years at Iowa, seeing an increased role and improved point-per-game average each year. As a senior in 2016-17, he averaged 19.9 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game while shooting 43 percent overall and 38 percent from three.
The Suns’ roster appears nearly full, but the team will need to make a decision on the free agency of Alex Len, with whom they have a qualifying offer on the table.
- Suns’ Booker receives criticism and praise in ESPN rankings debate
- ESPN’s NBARank puts Suns G Devin Booker on the verge
- Report: Suns dangling second-round picks in point guard search
- Suns showed interest in 76ers SG J.J. Redick during free agency
- The 5: Questions facing the Arizona Coyotes entering the season