Report: Suns to sign Iowa product Peter Jok for training camp
The Phoenix Suns will invite Iowa guard Peter Jok to training camp on a partially-guaranteed deal, Jok confirmed to the Des Moines Register.
Jok will officially sign the contract next week when he arrives in Phoenix.
“I feel like it’s a great opportunity for myself because it puts me in a position to earn a spot on the team,” Jok told the Register via text message Tuesday. “And if I don’t, then I’ll be playing for their G League team to work on my game, which I see as a positive.”
The 6-foot-6, 205-pound undrafted rookie spent four years at Iowa, seeing an increased role and improved point-per-game average each year. As a senior in 2016-17, he averaged 19.9 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game while shooting 43 percent overall and 38 percent from three.
The Suns’ roster appears nearly full, but the team will need to make a decision on the free agency of Alex Len, with whom they have a qualifying offer on the table.
- By the numbers: Suns face tough odds with remaining schedule
- Elfrid Payton’s first impression with Suns is both encouraging, concerning
- Phoenix Suns’ Devin Booker wins NBA 3-Point Contest 2018
- Larry Nance Jr. pays tribute to father, former Suns player, in dunk contest
- Thoughts from Newsmakers Week, Days 4 and 5: Keim, McDonough visit