Vinny and Skinny: Injuries to the O-line piling up for Cardinals
Every week, “Vinny and Skinny” will break down the Arizona Cardinals’ previous game and look ahead at their upcoming matchup.
In Week 3, the Cardinals fell 28-17 to the Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night Football, while the injuries to the offensive line continued to mount. Offensive lineman Alex Boone is expected to miss 3-4 weeks after suffering a partially strained pectoral injury in Monday’s contest.
“I think they dodged a bullet there,” said Mike Jurecki on the timeline of recovery. “It’s got to be more difficult for an offensive linemen with just being able to punch and use your hands.”
And with Boone sidelined, other linemen will have to step in.
“I think the key is getting D.J. Humphries back at the left tackle, that would possibly give you some flexibility to move John Wetzel around because he is that jack of all trades on that offensive line,” Vince Marotta said.
You can also “like” Arizona Sports on Facebook and see Vinny and Skinny broadcast live.
- David Johnson, Josh Rosen highlight ESPN’s NFL 2021 predictions
- USA Today: Cardinals not expected to contend for playoffs in 2018-19
- Arizona Cardinals rank No. 41 in Forbes’ 2018 most valuable franchises
- Keim’s absence comes as Cardinals talk complicated Johnson extension
- Cardinals suspend GM Steve Keim for five weeks after he pleads guilty to DUI