Vinny and Skinny: Injuries to the O-line piling up for Cardinals
Every week, “Vinny and Skinny” will break down the Arizona Cardinals’ previous game and look ahead at their upcoming matchup.
In Week 3, the Cardinals fell 28-17 to the Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night Football, while the injuries to the offensive line continued to mount. Offensive lineman Alex Boone is expected to miss 3-4 weeks after suffering a partially strained pectoral injury in Monday’s contest.
“I think they dodged a bullet there,” said Mike Jurecki on the timeline of recovery. “It’s got to be more difficult for an offensive linemen with just being able to punch and use your hands.”
And with Boone sidelined, other linemen will have to step in.
“I think the key is getting D.J. Humphries back at the left tackle, that would possibly give you some flexibility to move John Wetzel around because he is that jack of all trades on that offensive line,” Vince Marotta said.
You can also “like” Arizona Sports on Facebook and see Vinny and Skinny broadcast live.
- How the NFC West Was Won Week 7: Rams flatten Cardinals
- Cardinals’ O-line, run game take steps backward in shutout loss to Rams
- Rapid Reaction: Rams loss, loss of Palmer moves Cards’ focus to 2018
- Big Red Recap: Cardinals fall flat in London, lose Palmer in the process
- Cardinals’ Carson Palmer out at least eight weeks with broken arm