Coyotes claim C Freddie Hamilton off waivers, send Mario Kempe to AHL
The Arizona Coyotes claimed center Freddie Hamilton on Thursday, a day after he was put on waivers by the Calgary Flames.
Arizona also assigned forward Mario Kempe to the Tucson Roadrunners.
Hamilton, a fifth-round pick from the 2010 NHL Draft, has appeared in eight games in 2017-18 and recorded an assist with five shots on goal.
He has played in 67 NHL games over his six-year career with stops in San Jose and Colorado before joining Calgary in 2016. The 26-year-old has scored four goals to go with two assists with 66 shots on goal over that span.
Kempe has appeared in 18 games for the Coyotes, recording two goals and four assists.
- Arizona Coyotes officially agree to terms with four players
- Coyotes use cap space to acquire Hinostroza, Hossa contract via ‘Hawks
- Coyotes acquire Hinostroza in multi-piece trade with Blackhawks
- Coyotes’ Ekman-Larsson donates $125K to Boys and Girls Club
- Coyotes sign first-round pick Barrett Hayton to three-year deal