Suns send rookie Davon Reed on G League assignment
The Phoenix Suns have assigned rookie shooting guard Davon Reed to the Northern Arizona Suns.
Reed, who was the Suns’ 32nd overall pick in last year’s NBA Draft, averaged 14.9 points a game his senior season at Miami.
The former Hurricanes guard has spent the season recovering after receiving a meniscus repair for his left knee back in August. He has yet to play in the NBA and has only played two games in the G League since his surgery.
This will be Reed’s second career assignment for the Suns’ NBA G League affiliate in Prescott Valley, Ariz. In Reed’s first assignment in early January, he played two games and averaged 10.5 points while shooting 40 percent from the field while playing 21.5 minutes a game. Reed also racked up 5.0 rebounds and dished out 4.0 assists a game.
The Northern Arizona Suns’ and Reed’s next game is against the Erie BayHawks, the Atlanta Hawks’ G League affiliate, on Wednesday at 11 a.m. MT, in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
- Report: Former Phoenix Sun Alex Len signs with Hawks
- Devin Booker, other young Suns react to Jared Dudley trade
- For perhaps the final time, Jared Dudley is moving on from Phoenix
- Phoenix Suns trade for Philadelphia forward/center Richaun Holmes
- Suns to fully guarantee Davon Reed, plan to keep Shaquille Harrison