NHL Western Conference Wild Card tracker: Coyotes making playoff push
The Arizona Coyotes are in the hunt for the playoffs.
Their best chance at it will be via the Western Conference Wild Card race, which includes a group of teams that have stuck fairly close together in the standings for quite a while. The race was wide open even well after the new year.
The top two teams will earn Wild Card spots in the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs, so the Coyotes must finish second or better to qualify.
Here are where things stand in the Western Conference:
- Coyotes get a point with OT loss; goal-scoring stats trending positive
- Vinnie Hinostroza nets hat trick in Coyotes’ win over Ducks
- Arizona Coyotes increase playoff buffer with win over Ducks
- Coyotes will auction teal and purple Kachina jerseys for D-backs Night
- Coyotes GM Chayka talks resilience, competitiveness during playoff push