The Arizona Coyotes are coming off of their worst point total since the franchise moved to Arizona, but their captain Shane Doan is not ready to forget that season.
Doan joined Bickley & Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM and discussed how challenging last season was.
“That’s as disappointing as a season can get,” Doan said.
Captain Coyote had 14 goals and 22 assists last season.
“A lot of it has to do with the fact that our expectations were not that,” Doan said.
The Coyotes made the playoffs for three straight seasons from 2010-2012 and came close to the playoffs the next two seasons. Doan elaborated on the feeling last season brought.
“I think sometimes you go into a season and you’re like ‘well this will be a rebuilding year, there’s going to be some growing pains here’ and to have it go sideways as it did and as bad as it did, at times it’s just flat out embarrassing,” Doan said.
The drop from competing for a playoff spot to the bottom of the standings was hard for Doan, but he does not want to forget about how it felt.
“You never want to lose that taste of how bad it was because you don’t want it to just be kind of brushed under the rug and be forgotten about,” Doan said.
- Arizona Coyotes recall goaltender Marek Langhamer from Tucson
- The 5: Things to be thankful for as an Arizona sports fan in 2017
- Another Antti Raanta injury clouds Coyotes’ immediate future
- Arizona Coyotes break short winning streak with loss to Sharks
- GM Chayka sees promising signs from Coyotes in November