After 47 sports fashion showdowns and nearly 35,000 total votes, we have a champion in our first-ever Arizona Sports Uniform Playoffs …
The Cinderella story is complete! The Coyotes Kachina black road uniforms, which were worn from 1996 to 2003 — and a couple of other times for special throwback nights — entered the tournament as the 46th-overall seed in a field of 48 uniforms.
In the championship match, they garnered 56 percent of the vote, defeating the Phoenix Suns’ Barkley-era purple road uniforms.
Thank you so much for voting in the Arizona Sports Uniform Playoffs over the last few weeks here on ArizonaSports.com.
Now, somebody cue up “One Shining Moment” …
- Gila River Arena to install HD videoboard by Coyotes’ home opener
- 2014 NBA re-draft: Suns mostly did well with three picks in shallow class
- There’s a chance: Bovada gives Suns’ Booker slim odds of winning MVP
- NHL analyst Pronman remains optimistic on Coyotes’ Dylan Strome
- ‘Yotes Notes: Lyubushkin, Joseph among players at informal workouts