Arizona Diamondbacks fans with a sweet tooth now have another option, as the team revealed its newest culinary creation Wednesday in the Churro Dog 2.0.
The new dessert features a churro rolled in Oreo cookie crumbs in the middle of a white, iced long john donut topped with three scoops of vanilla yogurt, strawberry topping, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and more Oreo crumbs. It will be found at designated dessert portables at Chase Field.
The initial version of the sweet is topped with caramel rather than strawberry and lacks the Oreo crumbs. The donut is also covered in chocolate glaze, instead of white icing.
The unveiling of the sequel to the popular treat comes just two days after the reveal of the club’s bacon-wrapped pretzel baguette.
Fans of the original Churro Dog can still get it at D-backs games as well as Thursday’s Arizona Coyotes’ Diamondbacks Night, where outfielder A.J. Pollock will be dropping the puck, and Luis Gonzalez will serve as the Coyotes’ Top Dog.
- Diamondbacks get Pollock and Goldschmidt back, announce starting rotation
- D-backs return Rule 5 pick Tyler Jones to Yankees
- Sports Illustrated: Paul Goldschmidt has 11th-highest MLB trade value
- The 5: Promising statistics from the D-backs’ spring so far
- Early goal doesn’t equal win for Coyotes against Panthers