If you’re an NFL team in the western part of the United States like the Arizona Cardinals, you’re going to be traveling a lot more than teams out east this season.
The Arizona Cardinals rank third in the number of travel miles that NFL teams will do during the 2017 NFL regular season.
Arizona’s road games this season are in Detroit, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, London against the Rams, San Francisco, Houston, Washington and Seattle.
Of the seven NFL teams in the west, the lowest ranking for one of them is the Denver Broncos in 13th.
The Cardinals will travel nearly five times as much as the team ranked last, the Pittsburgh Steelers. Arizona has 30,035 miles while the Steelers will be at 6,694.
The NFC West’s lowest ranked team is the San Francisco 49ers in eighth, with the Los Angeles Rams finishing first and the Seattle Seahawks placing seventh.
The edge, of course, in comparing conferences is to the NFC, as 10 of their 16 teams are ranked in the top half of travel miles.
- Protecting QB Carson Palmer paramount for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals tweak roster; sign Ryan Langford and waive Marquis Bundy
- Cardinals QB guru Byron Leftwich is rising up the coaching ranks
- Internet lights up Jags QB Blake Bortles for being bad
- Dealing Cards: Rucker, Arians have ‘transparent conversations’